Popular Posts

Saturday 2 April 2011

Neglected!!

Not to worry, no need to call child services for Madam.  I'm referring to my poor, passed over blog!  I've not written here since the 14th of March, and I have missed this!


The main reason is that we finally moved back into our house- can I get a 'woop woop!"?  After almost one year to the day that we moved out, I get to yell "Honey, I'm home!"  Not long before Madam was born, we started plans to build an extension, so we could get a new bathroom and turn the old one into a nursery.  What with one thing and another, the work took a while longer than I would've liked, but hey!  All done now.

Madam adores her new bedroom, I've done it in the style of early Winnie the Pooh.  I always loved him when I was little, I'd watch episode after episode of their adventures in the Hundred Acre Wood, and I still have many of the books.  I've passed them onto Madam, and I love few things better than sitting her on my lap and reading to her (I even do the voices, but don't tell anyone).

We've not yet had a chance put her curtains up or do a few little 'polishing' bits, but I already love her room!  The three main walls are a pale green, and on the fourth wall there are three panels, each painted a different pastel shade, taken from the cover of my Winnie the Pooh 'Baby's First Year' book.


Of course, the best bit about her room is that is contains all of her books and toys, haha!  No more mess in my living room, I can see the floor!

Another plus of the extension work is that we got to extend and vamp-up (no, that's not a real word, is it?...) our kitchen, so I have lots of worktop space to make cupcakes.  And some dear friends of mine just bought me a very thick and glossy cupcake recipe/design book, so you'll be seeing some very mouthwatering photos in my blog posts to follow! 

2 comments:

  1. When do I get to try these cupcakes?? Glad things are going well
    Georgie xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmm cupcakes! Happy to hear ye are back home, no better place than home :)

    ReplyDelete