Popular Posts

Monday 14 March 2011

Teething Necklace Trial

Today I thought I'd take a break from my usual Monday post of 'Magpie Mondays' and show off Madam's new necklace.

She has some real problems when teething, especially now her molars are poking through, with a vengeance I might add.  So I did some research on amber teething jewellery and liked what I saw.

I found this information on the littleacornstomightyoaks website, they do have some beautiful amber jewellery pieces on there, including a bracelet if you didn't want your little one to wear a necklace.


Baltic Amber Teething Necklaces & Bracelets

A natural analgesic, amber will have a calming and soothing effect on a baby without resorting to over the counter drugs and remedies during teething. An amber teething necklace is not designed to be chewed on by a baby! When a baby is teething and the amber teething necklace is worn on the skin, the skin's warmth releases healing oils from the amber (a resin) which are absorbed via the skin into the bloodstream. Unlike teething gels, powders or pain relief syrups, the traditional beaded amber necklaces imported from the Baltic region are a less intrusive remedy for teething pain and side effects of teething, such as drooling, lack of appetite, upset tummies, ear ache, fevers and colds. Amber's anti-inflammatory and therapeutic properties are also recognized by allopathic medicine. 

That sounded pretty good to me, so I got a necklace for Madam, and so far so good!  She doesn't mind wearing it at all, which surprised but pleased me.  I honestly thought she'd have pulled it off as soon as my back was turned, but when I pointed out it was a necklace, and that Mummy was wearing a similar one, she happily said "Pretty, pretty!" and went on her way.


P.s- check out the Little Acorns to Mighty Oaks website for so many other gorgeous items, they have a website full of non-toxic products for the whole family!

No comments:

Post a Comment