Popular Posts

Wednesday 6 April 2011

The Gallery- Mother Love

The theme this week from The Gallery is Mother Love, and here is my contribution:


I still at times struggle to comprehend that I am a mother.  In my head (trust me, scary place to be) I'm still 16, and trying to decide what I want to do when I leave school!  Whereas in the real world, it's a decade later, I've been married for almost two and a half years and we have a beautiful 16 month old daughter.

So what does Mother Love mean to me?  Well, I think that until you have a child, you can't comprehend the amount of love that your heart can hold.  You can't understand how the smallest things, like a little smile or tiny fist clutching your finger, can make your heart feel fit to burst with love and pride.  Even a baby burp can invoke a round of applause!

Before I was a mother,  my camera was simply handy to have around.  Now, it's an essential part of my life, lest my Madam should do something incredible or funny and I'm not there to capture it forever.  Before Madam, I'd make sure my hair was done and make up on every morning, now you'd be lucky to see me washed and dressed before lunchtime!

But that's mother love; giving up your body for the best part of almost ten months, and handing over your heart to this perfect little person for the rest of your life.

p.s- my picture truly shows motherly love- I HATE the snow!! :)




No comments:

Post a Comment