Popular Posts

Monday 25 July 2011

Yummy Mummy Update

Yes, it's Tuesday morning, that means I had my weekly weigh in yesterday which in turn means I have to come clean with everyone and let you know how I did.  Well.....

I only lost 1lb.  But, a loss is still weight going in the right direction, plus people have starting noticing my weight loss now, which gives me a very warm, glowy feeling inside. Ooh, ooh- I got Slimmer of the Month too!  That means out of my entire weigh in group (there's around 40 of us) I lost the most weight in the month of July- chuffed!

I had to take Madam with me to group this week, and whilst everyone commented on how cute she is, I couldn't help noticing a few glares as she tore around the room, eventually upending a recipe book stand, whoops!  What can I say, she's 'inquisitive'! ;)

Only 2.5lb to go and I'll have lost my first stone, and I am determined to do it this week!  I was hoping for it last time, but a certain time of the month foiled those plans.

So, off I go for some fruit and exercise (not at the same time though, that could get messy...), see you next Tuesday for another Yummy Mummy Update!

Recipe of the Week:
You all know what a big fan I am of baking cupcakes (check out some of my work here), but cutting down on my sweetie intake has meant finding some low fat recipes.  This is one of my favourites, and makes 16 mini cupcakes.

3 eggs
60g low fat spread (like Flora Light)
6-8 tbsp artifical sweetener
110g self raising flour
2-3 drops of vanilla essence
½ tsp strawberry flavouring
To decorate
8 level tsp icing sugar plus extra for dusting
A couple of drops of food colouring
Fresh strawberries, halved
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C/Gas 4. Put paper case in a mini muffin tin. Whisk together the eggs, low-fat spread and sweetener. Sieve the flour then fold in the flour with the vanilla essence and the strawberry flavouring.
2. Spoon into the paper cases and bake for 15-20 minutes. Remove and cool on a wire rack.
3. Mix a few drops of water and the food colouring with the icing sugar. Spoon on the cakes. Garnish with halved strawberries and dust with icing sugar

No comments:

Post a Comment