Popular Posts

Friday 15 July 2011

From Slummy to Yummy

I thought if I let you all in on what I've been calling (in my head) 'Operation Yummy Mummy', my public praise/humiliation would be more than enough motivation to stay strong.  Be gentle with me on my off days though!

Before:


Almost a month ago, we returned from a lovely family holiday.  What wasn't lovely about it was sitting on the sidelines whilst Mr B took Madam swimming, all because I'm too embarrassed to be seen in a swimming cossie, in public.  Without a very large towel wrapped around me anyway.  I did swallow my shame long enough to be the proudest mummy in the pool, beside my baby girl as she swam by herself for the first time ever!  But it made me realise, I am FED UP.  Fed up of being ashamed of my body, fed up of not having the energy to run around with Madam, fed up of changing an outfit several times and still not being happy with what I see in the mirror.  So I made up my mind, I would rejoin (yes REjoin, I've attempted this before, several times) a local slimming club and shift the ugly weight once and for all.

So I rejoined, I spent a not totally unpleasant first week on the diet, then I jumped on the official club scales.....6lb off! I admit it, I did my happy dance.  But I thought, don't take this for granted, it won't be like this every week, you still need to work at it.  So I worked for the second week, still not hating it, but starting to get bored of the same meals every day (my imagination doesn't work without chocolate, I'm sure...) and get this: 1.5lb off!  I got a certificate for my first half stone weight loss, and it has been proudly displayed in the kitchen, near the treat cupboard for 'scaring-off' purposes.

Anyhoo, I'm now half way through week three, and hoping for a loss as often as I can.  Even just 1lb at a time, it's all still going in the right direction- OFF!  This week my plan is to up my exercise.  Not easy with Madam around, I can't think she take too kindly to amusing herself on the rowing machine at the gym, but I will try nonetheless.  Watch this space, I weigh in on Monday evenings so if you don't see a progress report on Tuesday mornings, feel free kick my butt into gear, you lovely readers!

Right, I'm off for a salad.

No comments:

Post a Comment