Popular Posts

Monday 7 March 2011

Magpie Monday

This blog by Missie Lizzie has quickly become another of my firm favourites as I adore trawling through car boot sales, charity shops and house clearances, and I’ve found some real beauties at bargain prices.

I had a good haul last Tuesday morning (typical, just too late to post for last week!) in a nearby town, so allow me to share! :)

These pure sheepskin slippers fit Madam like an oh-so-soft glove and were amazingly priced just £1.50.  I’ve been on the lookout for a decent pair for a while, as she gets very cold feet in the mornings and the best bit about these is the fact that you can tie them nice and tight, so the little monkey won’t be pulling them off!




I managed to spot these too, tucked away on the bottom shelf of a shoe rack right at the back of the shop.  The only marks on them was the slightest scuffing to the heel tip, and they were a brilliant buy at only £3.95.  I like to wear heels every so often, but only have black pairs, so I thought these in their light colour made a rather nice summery option.



This last catch was actually a while ago when I’d been out for a cuppa and mooch with my good friend from The McCaskie Clan.  I love entertaining at home, and always enjoy serving chips ‘n’ dips in pretty little serving dishes.  Even if it’s just me and Mr B snacking, I’ll still make it 'purdey'!  I’d wanted to order a white 4 part dish set on a wooden tray from an online home-making store but it was out of stock, so imagine my delight when I found one twice as big at half the price for £4.95!


If you enjoy finding treasures in your local charity shops or cat boot sales, join in with Missie Lizzie's post on Magpie Mondays.

Also, feel free to have a mooch through my older blogs and let me know what you think of my writing. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment