Popular Posts

Tuesday 8 March 2011

Stand Out Tuesdays!

I was invited to a hen party last Saturday night, my hubby's lovely cousin will be getting hitched in May, many congrats to you darling! :)

But as I looked across the crowded room (and it was very crowded- approximately 200 screaming, 'merry' women at a Take That tribute evening!), do you know what I saw?  No, of course you don't, get on with it and tell them!

Cue dramatic music please... A sea of black and grey!!! GASP!    Sorry, too OTT?

Anyway, that's what I could see, every woman was wearing some shade of grey or black, it was so depressing.  It didn't matter if the woman was slim or curvy, tall or short, blonde, brunette or redhead!  Admittedly, every now and then, a speck of green or red would pop up, but on the whole it was like watching a flock of blackbirds sway back and forth.

Why do we do it?  There are so many beautiful colours of clothing out there, why do we feel safer in dull and drab?  Yes, there can be some lovely patterns in dark colours, but why are we frightened to stand out a little bit more?

I'm guilty of it too.  I once bought myself a lovely mac, it's bright red.  Ask me how often I wear it as opposed to my black jacket..... Yeah, the ratio is highly in favour of the 'you won't see me if I'm the same colour as that bit of tarmac' coat!

So I've decided to set myself a challenge, you're all more than welcome to join in, I'd love to see photos on your own blogs.  Every Tuesday (as it's otherwise a rather boring day for me) I'm going to wear the brightest, most colourful outfit I can cobble together!  And what's more, I promise I'll even go outside it in, and have photos taken!!

Watch this space for today's outfit, photos coming soon!
p.s- Madam will also be joining in- I dress her so she doesn't really have a choice!

No comments:

Post a Comment