Popular Posts

Tuesday 15 February 2011

Pink for a Girl...

Mr B has just brought home a gift for Madam that has made me think (I know, a dangerous habit).  It's a wooden tea set, complete with pink teapot, dainty cups, milk jug and even a sugar bowl, not forgetting the pink flower topped teaspoon.  It reminded me of a conversation we had the other day, when I remarked we could go against the flow and buy her a little workbench, he basically scoffed at the idea.  And there was me thinking people simply didn't 'scoff' in this day and age.



Are we almost brainwashing kids these day?  Through buying the girls teapots and cleaning sets, and police outfits or hammers for the lads, are we giving them no other choice than the 1950's mindset, or am I being just a tad too paranoid?  Either way, Madam was happy with her new toy, it's the first time she's played make believe, supping away from the sugar bowl...

No comments:

Post a Comment