Popular Posts

Sunday 1 May 2011

Mr and Mrs

Many congratulations to Wills and Kate (oh yes, of course I'm on first name basis with them...), I truly hope they have a long and happy marriage, without too much invasion of privacy from the press.

I thought in honour of the Royal occasion that sooooo very many people sat and watched on Friday, I'd do a show and tell on my own wedding.  But I'd better give you some background first.

I met Mr B back in 2002, when my family moved to the Forest of Dean, but it would another six years (to the day!) before we got engaged.  Mind you, we then made up for lost time by really shifting things along.  We were engaged in May 2008, married in December 2008 and Madam made her appearance in December 2009!

Our wedding was on a beautifully sunny, if bitingly cold, day.  Considering it was the beginning of December, we were so lucky with the weather, just for it to be dry was enough for us.

With my folks :)


We had a fairly small ceremony in a local hall, then onto a nearby hunting lodge-turned-hotel for the reception.  Our party was out in the gardens, in a beautifully decorated (and heated, thank goodness!) marquee, our food was delicious, the DJ very good and the bar was cheap- a good time was had by all, I'm happy to say!

Some very dignified dancing...

No comments:

Post a Comment