Popular Posts

Saturday 14 May 2011

Betty B meets Betty C!

With delicious results!

The lovely people at Betty Crocker sent me some some of their latest flavours of cupcake mixes to try, one very exciting morning the postie handed me 'Cookies and Cream' and 'Lemon'.

You may have seen in a previous post (here for those wanting another drool, um- I mean look!) that I love making cupcakes.  Normally, I make them from scratch, but when offered these gorgeous, ready-measured packs, who was I to say no?

We got straight to work with the Cookie & Cream mix, at Mr B's insistence.  It's very helpful to have everything in one bag for the cake mix, saved me and Madam becoming covered in flour.  All you have to measure out is the required oil, milk and water, and grab some eggs on the way.


Madam helped plop everything we needed together into my mean, green mixing bowl


Mixed it all up nicely (and messily)...

After a few minutes of mixing (I admit, I helped out with the electric whisk.  Well, she has only got little arms!), Madam popped the cake cases into the baking tray,
we spooned in the mix and put it into the oven for around 17 minutes.

And the end results didn't look too bad at all, especially after adding the icing and yummy cookie sprinkles.

Oh, and Mr B says I can tell you that they were nicely moist, tasted really chocolatey, and disappeared very fast!  

You find the Betty Crocker Cookies&Cream and Lemon cupcake mixes in most supermarkets for a RRP of £2.15.  The pack says that the mix makes 9, but we made a comfortable 12, they were still all a good size.  The only downside was that the paper cases supplied in the box were squished beyond use, but not a problem for a cupcake fanatic like me, plenty more in the cupboard!


Madam enjoying the fruits of her labour


No comments:

Post a Comment