Popular Posts

Thursday 12 May 2011

Boots, Baby!

Boots Baby sent Madam and I some great things to test out; a factor 50 baby suncream, a new nappy rash spray and some disposable play/splash mats.

The mats came in handy straight away as I popped one underneath her highchair at lunchtime.  They are a really good size (you know how far food can go when flung by an unruly toddler!) and quick thick, so not easily ripped if they get pulled whilst under the chair/table/etc.  Madam also liked how they are colourfully decorated with farm animals, after lunch she had great fun pointing at each one and making it's noise.


They come in a handy sized box, which opens on the top so you can easily pull the mats out, much like tissues (which I, of course, only discovered after wrestling the top of the box open...).

I think they're a little bit pricey at £6.12 (online) for a pack of 10, but these are certainly a holiday essential for me, and for anyone who's starting to wean- that's a lot of mess coming your way!


Next up is the Soltan suncream.  We've not had a lot of sun here lately, but whenever Madam's out in the garden I make sure she has some on anyway (Paranoid, moi?...).


I find some suncreams smell very chemical but this one has a slightly sweet odour to it, as it contains a hypo-allergenic fragrance.  It's also been approved by paediatricians, is water resistant, and has the highest UVA rating with 50 SPF UVB.

The cream is nice and thick, but still rubs into the skin nicely, disappearing as it's smoothed in and it's not greasy- ticks all the boxes for what I want in a baby sun protection cream!  You can buy a 200ml bottle of this for £9.25, and at the minute Boots Online has a 'buy one get one free' on selected Soltan products.

Finally, it's the Boots Pharmaceuticals Nappy Rash Spray.  My poor Madam has been suffering badly lately with a fungal rash on her little bottom, that was caused by anti-biotics she had to take for an inner ear infection.  When will it end, poor baby!  We have a nice, strong cream from the doctor to put on her and it seems to be working already, but I found that she still itches a bit, so I also used this spray during 'nappy free time', when she doesn't have the cream on, as it claims to soothe.  It worked instantly!  My poor baby had been scratching and scratching, and as soon as I sprayed her, she stopped!  I even got a little smile. :)  There's no need to rub this spray in, just shake well, squirt a few times and go!

The RRP is £5.60 for a spray bottle sized 100ml from Boots Online

3 comments:

  1. Great Review!
    The spray looks good, Isla is a bit sore at the moment so she won't let me anywhere near her bottom to rub cream in. At least with the spray I could do it without touching her!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I never knew there was a nappy rash spray until I read this post so thanks :) x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad I could help ladies! I use it on Madam when not using the cream, and it does soothe the itching right away, not having to rub it in is a big bonus as she's so sore. x

    ReplyDelete